Search This Blog

Aug 16, 2008

History in The Making



Today I witnessed a miraculous event.  Jamaica's Usain Bolt astonished the world as he shattered the world record in the 2008 Olympics 100 meter race.

I learned a great deal from him today. Confidence is the first step towards not only intimidating an opponent, but simply realizing amazing accomplishments. This footage is an inspiration for me to maintain focus on my ambitions, motivations, thoughts and most importantly, my Doula support. 

My values are those of a generation that has taken control of their destiny. It is within me to challenge and encourage women to birth naturally and with confidence. Trust in your biological ancestry and draw on the strength from those that have birthed before you. Your body already knows.

No comments: